February Half Term in and around Lymington.
A guide to what’s on in Lymington and the New Forest during half term.
Here is a your guide of things to do with the children in and around Lymington and the New Forest. Take a look also at our Fun Days Out feature if you're looking to venture slightly further afield. For those having to juggle work with school holidays, we have information about Holiday Childcare and Activity Camps.
To see what's on day by day, take a look at our Events Calendar which details events in and around the New Forest and Lymington area. Remember, if you're organising a local event then add your event in the Lymington.com calendar for free! (see How to add your event).
Things to do in and around Lymington
- New for 7-10 year olds at the Countryside Education Trust: Eagle Owls! Thursday 15th February. Get involved in a real conservation project, in conjunction with Natural England, painting decoy terns to help to attract Common Terns back to Gull Island.
- Try Winter Paddling with New Forest Activities. Explore the stunning Beaulieu River nature reserve by boat.
- Explore Lepe Country Park with a half term trail, available 10am-3pm all week, plus Bird Box Bonanza on Tuesday 13th and Bush Craft on Thursday 15th.
- The New Forest National Park authority will be at Lymington Library with their Mission Explore on Thursday 15th February
- Get building at Construction Club at Lymington Library on Saturday 10th and 17th February.
- Make a card and gift for someone you love at All Loved Up at St Barbe Museum & Art Gallery on Wednesday 14th February.
- Family craft sessions at the Red House Museum in Christchurch on Tuesday 13th and Wednesday 15th February.
- Learn about the New Forest and get hands on with crafts a Family Discovery Day at the New Forest Centre: Tuesday 13th and Thursday 15th Febuary.
- Create your own fairy tale story to perform, write and sing at the Forest Arts Creative Camp on Thursday 15th February. Then decorate a plant pot and grow a magic bean – you’re ready for your own adventure!
- Aged 7-11? Interested in drama? Love to Perform? Get involved in a one day, high impact theatre devising challenge with Forest Forge Theatre Company on Thursday 15th February.
- Ballard School is hosting sporting excellence clinics in Rugby, Hockey, Netball and Football for 10-14 year olds with a passion for sport on Thursday 15th and Friday 16th February. Book by 9th Feb for early bird rate!
- Join Park Run at Woodside Gardens, every Saturday at 9am! Get fit as a family!
- Make use of our local facilities, including tennis courts, table tennis tables and outdoor gym at Woodside, plus the chess/draughts table at Bath Road Park.
- Lymington Tennis Club are once again running half term tennis camps, mornings and full days, Monday-Friday.
Do you know of any other interesting events or activities happening in and around Lymington this half term? Contact us so that we can add to our list!
If you'd like to find an event for a specific day take a look at our events calendar.
Hope you have a great half term!
Updated 7 Feb 2018