February Half Term in and around Lymington.
A guide to what’s on in Lymington and the New Forest during half term.
Here is a your guide of things to do with the children in and around Lymington and the New Forest. Take a look also at our Fun Days Out feature if you're looking to venture slightly further afield. For those having to juggle work with school holidays, we have information about Holiday Childcare and Activity Camps.
To see what's on day by day, take a look at our Events Calendar which details events in and around the New Forest and Lymington area. Remember, if you're organising a local event then add your event in the Lymington.com calendar for free! (see How to add your event).
Things to do in and around Lymington
- Kick start half term with a visit to JoJo Maman Bébé in Lymington who have 3 special days of offers 8th - 10th February!
- The Malt Cinema at The Lymington Centre will be showing Early Man (PG) (PG) Monday 12th - Friday 16th February at 11am. Jumanji - Welcome to the Jungle (12A) will be showing on Tuesday 13th, Friday 16th and Saturday 17th at 7.15pm and Wednesday 14th at 2.30pm.
- A live broadcast of RSC's Twelfth Night (12A) will be shown at The Malt Cinema on Wednesday 14th at 7pm.
- It's Hands On Half Term at Beaulieu. See the National Motor Museum's dazzling new display, The Luxury of Motoring and enjoy a taste of the finer things in life! Discover life above and below stairs, pick up a hands on half term pass book and collect a stamp at each activity station. Try on a monk's habit, get hands on in the Palace House Victorian Kitchen and get your hands on an array of motoring artefacts - plus loads more for a great day out!
- Learn about World War II - The Home Front at St Barbe Museum & Art Gallery, with a family activities to reflect the current exhibition, The Art of World War ll: John Noot Collection. From Saturday 10th - Sunday 18th February.
- Jack and the Beans Talk, ideal for families with children aged 3-7 years, will be at Forest Arts on Tuesday 13th February - two showings (see Events Calendar for full details)
- Lymington Library will have the Tuesday Rhyme Time and Thursday Toddler Time as usual.
- Experience a museum at night at the Red House Museum in Christchurch on Wednesday 14th February.
- Relax at a children's yoga workshop at the Natural Health Hub on Thursday 15th February.
- Remember Tuesday is Pancake Day! How do you eat your pancakes on Shrove Tuesday? Discover here recipes including gluten free.
- New for 7-10 year olds at the Countryside Education Trust: Eagle Owls! Thursday 15th February. Get involved in a real conservation project, in conjunction with Natural England, painting decoy terns to help to attract Common Terns back to Gull Island.
- Try Winter Paddling with New Forest Activities. Explore the stunning Beaulieu River nature reserve by boat.
- Explore Lepe Country Park with a half term trail, available 10am-3pm all week, plus Bird Box Bonanza on Tuesday 13th and Bush Craft on Thursday 15th.
- The New Forest National Park authority will be at Lymington Library with their Mission Explore on Thursday 15th February
- Get building at Construction Club at Lymington Library on Saturday 10th and 17th February.
- Make a card and gift for someone you love at All Loved Up at St Barbe Museum & Art Gallery on Wednesday 14th February.
- Family craft sessions at the Red House Museum in Christchurch on Tuesday 13th and Wednesday 15th February.
- Learn about the New Forest and get hands on with crafts a Family Discovery Day at the New Forest Centre: Tuesday 13th and Thursday 15th Febuary.
- Create your own fairy tale story to perform, write and sing at the Forest Arts Creative Camp on Thursday 15th February. Then decorate a plant pot and grow a magic bean – you’re ready for your own adventure!
- Aged 7-11? Interested in drama? Love to Perform? Get involved in a one day, high impact theatre devising challenge with Forest Forge Theatre Company on Thursday 15th February.
- Ballard School is hosting sporting excellence clinics in Rugby, Hockey, Netball and Football for 10-14 year olds with a passion for sport on Thursday 15th and Friday 16th February. Book by 9th Feb for early bird rate!
- Join Park Run at Woodside Gardens, every Saturday at 9am! Get fit as a family!
- Make use of our local facilities, including tennis courts, table tennis tables and outdoor gym at Woodside, plus the chess/draughts table at Bath Road Park.
- Lymington Tennis Club are once again running half term tennis camps, mornings and full days, Monday-Friday.
Do you know of any other interesting events or activities happening in and around Lymington this half term? Contact us so that we can add to our list!
If you'd like to find an event for a specific day take a look at our events calendar.
Hope you have a great half term!
Updated 7 Feb 2018