Join Lymington.com and enhance your New Forest marketing!
Reach 60,000+ people weekly with unique combination of local digital media channels
Bartley Marketing’s Lymington.com digital media channels are unique in their local online reach, combining a trusted, well established and regularly updated website with social media channels and direct marketing.
The Lymington.com Channels now reach over 60,000 people every week promoting, championing and recommending local businesses.
Local advertising, PR and promotion - via a range of Membership options.
Membership of Lymington.com is like a glorious fusion of the best of local advertising, PR and promotion, crafted to promote both your special offers and your core business messages with the added stamp of third party endorsement.
We can also send you pdfs of our Membership Flyer and Membership Benefits Letter.
What’s included with membership: at a glance
- Pre launch marketing review with Jane or Tanya
- Bespoke editable webpage in the Lymington.com business directory
- Bespoke launch news article
- Compelling bespoke endorsement of your message across all our digital media channels
- Tag and retweet: extend the reach of your own social media
- Recommendation in our popular feature articles
- Promotion of your job vacancies on Lymington.com Jobs page
- Promotion of your events from Lymington.com Events Calendar
What’s included with membership: the details
Pre launch marketing review with Jane or Tanya - a brief review of your marketing priorities
We’ll start with a brief discussion about your current marketing objectives and target markets. This will help us to encapsulate your most important marketing messages and then to create compelling captions for your promotion across our combined media channels - including blowing your trumpet with our wide reaching communications!
If you would like to we can expand this discussion into a review of your marketing plan, based initially on our simple 3-stage marketing planning framework (which we’ll explain). This may then lead on to a wider discussion about ways to grow your business.
As highly experienced marketing professionals with the support of a fantastic local team of specialist experts in all fields of marketing we can help with all your marketing needs: ranging from marketing direction and planning including brand identity and positioning; to providing creativity and expertise in specific areas ranging from websites to copywriting and design to social media; to giving you peace of mind by taking care of the planning and implementation of relationship and content marketing; right through to saving you time by managing specific elements of your marketing including social media, email marketing, PR and traditional advertising.
Working with us and investing in considered, wise, “smart” marketing and strong, cost effective exposure via online and offline media on a flexible basis to suit your needs and budget, can in the long run save you money too.
Bespoke editable webpage in the Lymington.com business directory
The first tangible business benefit of Lymington.com membership your bespoke Business Webpage on the Lymington.com website. We can set this up for you or you may wish to do it yourself; in any case you will be able to log in and update it yourself at any time.
The short description and meta data will help to display your page for relevant searches, not only within Lymington.com but also from Google search.
The long description can be as long as you like including a succinct and compelling summary of your business: what it offers, to whom and why it’s so good - including multiple links to various pages on your own website if you wish together with customer testimonials and where relevant our third party endorsement too. It can also include images to illustrate the text.
The key thing is to make your headline messages as compelling as possible to your target markets – which we will help you to do.
The page can include an image gallery and links to your own website and social media along with as relevant location map, videos, even a 360 degree virtual tour embedded into the page.
Google likes our Directory a lot (link to stats and dems) and simply having a webpage on Lymington.com has value in itself. Google also regularly features our news items and events in Google Alerts and Google Search.
If your business doesn't have a website, has an outdated or non-responsive website, or is part of a chain which limits local information on the main website, your webpage on Lymington.com can be even more useful to your business.
We can tailor your webpage to showcase the exact elements of your business that you would like to promote to the local market. In other words, we can help 'tell your story' and explain exactly why people should come to you!
The nitty gritty for your business webpage on Lymington.com:
- Page displays across as many categories in our business directory as are relevant to your business
- Your own log in to edit and update it at any time
- Header background image (1260x500 pixels - this displays across the full width of your page)
- Your logo (300x300 pixels)
- Your selection of your images to bring your page to life - up to 15 Gallery images (800x600 pixels), plus further images to illustrate the text if required
- Your contact details, social media links and a Google map
- Up to 4 YouTube links can be included
- YouTube and 360 degree Virtual Tour can also be embedded in the long description field with the “embed code”
- Hosting of your individual Business Webpage on Lymington.com is included for as long as you remain a Member
- Please note that you will need to supply a selection of hi resolution images and and a version of your logo which will display in a landscae rectangle, or agree to a photoshoot at extra charge £250.
Bespoke launch news article - which will quickly be found by Google
Once your business webpage is set up we’ll then write and publish a launch article incorporating your main messages on our News and Home pages.
Normally this will be a short article featuring one image (which you provide to us, minimum 1200 x 600 pixels), which can either echo and link to the information on your webpage or can focus on a particular item of news or an event.
Our news articles rank well on search engines and are invariably picked up by Google Alerts, so they’re a great way to promote your business and, if relevant, specific news or event information.
The launch article will also have longevity: it will continue to display in the relevant category of the Lymington Life magazine section.
Compelling bespoke endorsement of your message across all our digital media channels
The Lymington.com website together with its social media and direct email communications will promote your business via multi channel online marketing to 60,000+ people weekly, always reinforcing the key message: to buy and do business locally.
Multi channel promotion includes a compelling endorsement of your message, with promotion across all our digital media channels: Lymington.com website and our Weekly What’s On e-newsletter together with our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram platforms.
To create the promotion, content and images and links supplied by you are honed by us to create a compelling message which is then individually tailored to each of our online media channels including our Lymington.com website, our acclaimed Weekly What’s On newsletter plus our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.
The caption link can be to a specific page on your own website or to an article, event or business web page on Lymington.com.
Please note – copywriting/publication of new content is not included but can be added at additional cost - see below.
Tag and retweet: extend the reach of your own social media
When applicable we tag your business in posts across our social media platforms, and retweet your tweets, thus augmenting your own social media marketing. You need to provide us with the relevant Facebook, Twitter and Instagram handles in order to take advantage of this element of membership.
Recommendation in our popular feature articles
Your business will be included as relevant in our own hugely popular local feature articles, ranging from general to subject specific and seasonal articles such as “what’s on during the school holidays”, “where to stay”, “places to eat and drink”, “get set for the year”, “Great Christmas gifts available locally” and so on.
These articles which feature on our Home and News pages are then publicised via Google and promoted in Weekly What’s On and across all our social media platforms.
We also regularly boost our own Facebook posts promoting these articles, which extends the reach of one post to an even wider audience.
Promotion of your job vacancies on Lymington.com Jobs page
We are more than happy to promote your job vacancies on our jobs page https://www.lymington.com/information/lymington-jobs and we have a good track record of attracting quality recruits.
Just send us the details in a word document or an email, there’s no extra charge.
We then promote new vacancies in the “Jobs” section of Weekly What’s On and where relevant across our social media platforms too.
Promotion of your events from Lymington.com Events Calendar
Make sure to take advantage of this benefit which is included with membership.
It’s easy to add events to our Events Calendar, which has grown into the most comprehensive guide to “what’s on” across the New Forest. https://www.lymington.com/events/add-event
We then pick up the event links from the Events Calendar, and promote them in the Diary section of Weekly What’s On.
Members quickly get into the habit of adding their events for this additional benefit!
Content creation: copywriting/editing
For an additional charge new articles and blogs about your business can be created and published on Lymington.com, which can in turn be the subject for cross-channel promotion.
This is great for:
- Businesses which want to grow awareness of their products and services and to build their Google presence – all new content on Lymington.com is picked up very quickly by Google
- Businesses which would like to take advantage of our copywriting skills to craft articles combining fact with recommendation and endorsement of their product and services
- Professional services and similar, possibly not themselves using social media, which can take advantage of our communications channels to reach out with “soft PR” style communication
“Content” which we publish on Lymington.com on behalf of your business can be anything from a short announcement or news item based on content you supply to a full length feature article which we will originate and copywrite for you from scratch.
Full length review or feature article
A full length review or feature article on Lymington.com provides additional detail and publicity, and can be promoted by members via their own websites and social media as third party endorsement. We take considerable time to research the article usually via a visit/meeting and discussion which if required can include on the spot photography, then to copywrite 800-1,000 words and publish with 3-4 images included in the text.
The article will be published in the relevant category of the Lymington Life magazine section, plus also on the News page and for a period of time will also feature as one of the news article links on our Home page. We use our expertise and trustworthy website to ensure our feature articles and promotional reviews perform well on search engines and are picked up by Google Alerts.
This kind of article can be combined with an Advertorial or Press Release, professionally designed and copywritten by Bartley Marketing, in one or more local offline media. For more detail please enquire.
More information: https://www.lymington.com/promo-articles
Annual Business Membership is our most popular membership option and suits many local businesses. It's especially good value if you run or host events, occasionally need to recruit new staff, and would appreciate being included in our local feature articles where relevant – there are so many benefits to membership!
Annual membership includes one bespoke cross-channel promotion annually
Membership can be tailored for more frequent, regular, multi-channel promotion of your business news, product features and events, on a monthly, twice monthly or weekly basis. It's great for businesses that have a lot to say and advertise, on a regular basis, for example:
- New and existing businesses wishing to reach out further with their messages and to spread word of their offering
- Local places to stay and places to eat, for example advertising and promoting different aspects of the business either monthly or more frequently
- Local places to visit and seasonal events to promote their events and offers
- Larger businesses which have several different areas of their business, which can use our channels to deliver specific, targeted, local messages to the local marketplace
To get the best from Regular Promotion Membership we ask members to complete a Communications Plan in a spreadsheet we provide. This details the planned messages, content, images and other elements and provides the initial framework for regular promotion - it can of course be subsequently varied and/or updated.
Ad Hoc Promotion is particularly useful for Annual Members who do not want the regular commitment of Regular Promotion Membership but occasionally have something special to announce and promote.
The promotion can be based on content supplied by the Member or on a full length article as outlined above. Often it will be based on a short news article which we will publish on Lymington.com, or it may be based on an event in our Events Calendar or on your business webpage - it's all very flexible!
Whatever the nature of the content it is normally get picked up by search engines and Google Alerts and is then then promoted with a compelling caption together with relevant images across all our channels.
To get the most benefit from all our social media platforms you should provide us with a number of additional hi resolution images over and above those needed for the article itself.
A paid “boost” on Facebook is an optional extra, this is charged at cost.
- All membership options: £150 one off set up cost includes webpage and promotional article for Google
- Annual membership £150 includes one cross-channel promotion: payable annually in advance
- Regular membership includes cross-channel promotions as follows: £100 monthly, £175 twice monthly, £250 weekly. Regular members do not pay annual membership subscription as well. 6 months minimum period for regular membership to allow for additional costs agreeing communications plan. Regular membership does not include content: see below.
- Ad hoc member promotion: from £125
- New content copywriting and editing: From £100 for editing and publishing content supplied by you, to £350 for a feature or review article
All prices current at June 2019, all plus VAT
Advertising and promotion for non members
We can offer a limited amount of promotion for non members whether local businesses or individual event organisers, as below.
- Display job vacancy £25
- Promote charity event in Diary listing of Weekly What’s On: £25
- Cross-channel promotion of one off event or event series: from £150 with reduced price for repeat promotion
All prices current at November 2019, all plus VAT
Sign up today!
About Bartley Marketing
New Forest based Bartley Marketing is a marketing consultancy and agency which also provides the full range of marketing services to local business, from consultancy and planning to branding, advertising and PR, websites, online advertising and SEO to direct communications and social media management.
According to your needs Bartley Marketing can:
Clarify and define your marketing objectives, strategies, messages and branding
Plan your marketing and communications
Check your website and social media are working for you - and help put them right
Design and build your new or replacement website
Train you to make the most out of social media - or manage it on your behalf
'Ghostwrite' your blogs, as well as write copy for editorials, advertorials and articles
Implement your direct email communications with clients and prospects
Provide graphic design and photography, including 360 degree Google 'See Inside'
Produce online and offline advertising and manage your printed promotional and point of sale materials