Local Advertising with Lymington.com Online Media Channels
Introduction to paid membership options with Lymington.com
Updated: February 2019
Promote your business locally to 60,000+ people every week
The Lymington.com website together with its social media and direct email communications will promote your business locally via multi channel online and direct marketing to 60,000+ people weekly, always reinforcing the key message: to buy and do business locally.
Active promotion and endorsement of your business
With coordinated, regular, powerful online communications the combined Lymington.com media channels reach out via the website news, events, information and business pages together with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels and the popular 'Weekly What’s On' email newsletter to promote, champion and endorse your business.
It’s like a glorious combination of the best of local advertising, PR and promotion, crafted to promote both your special offers and your core business messages with the added stamp of third party endorsement.
With 20,000 to 30,000+ monthly visits to the Lymington.com website itself (more in summer, fewer in winter), plus 4,000 subscribers who look forward to receiving our weekly newsletter by email, plus over 233,500 impressions on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram every month, Lymington.com's online tentacles reach into every nook and cranny to influence the majority of people who nowadays find it convenient and quick to look online for local events, news and information generally. Our online following comprises mainly locals but with a significant number of visitors too.
And with the New Forest containing a disproportionately large number of sole traders and small businesses many of these as well as as well as employees of larger companies will see your messages wearing both their 'home and family' hat and their 'business' hat, which means that both consumer (B2C) and business (B2B) messages will be well received.
Lymington.com Business Membership
There are two levels of Business Membership with Lymington.com, with lots of flexibility to tailor a membership package to meet your exact business requirements.
Both Business Membership (paid annually) and regular Promotion Membership (paid monthly) require your own business web page to be set up first, this features in our Directory. Google likes our Directory a lot (web traffic has risen by over 850% since 2014), and simply having a business page on Lymington.com has value in itself. Google also regularly features our Directory pages, news items and events in Google Alerts and Google Search.
If your business doesn't have a website, has an outdated or non-responsive website, or is part of a chain which limits local information on the main website, your business web page on Lymington.com is all the more useful. Also if your business has various different elements, we can tailor your web page to showcase the exact elements that you would like to promote to the local market. In other words, we can help 'tell your story' and explain exactly why people should come to you!
1) Business Membership
'Business Membership' is the base level of membership and is the preferred option for many small businesses who also take advantage of additional 'Ad-Hoc Promotion' when they have something special to shout about.
On an annual basis Lymington.com Business Membership includes:
- One business web page
- One bespoke promotion across our online media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, plus our 'Weekly What’s On newsletter)
- Event promotion in the diary section of our Weekly What’s On newsletter
- Inclusion in relevant local feature articles
- Promotion of your job vacancies on our jobs page
- The option for additional Ad-hoc Promotion to suit your needs
In addition when new Business Members join Lymington.com we will write a short Launch Article to feature on our News page.
2) Promotion Membership
Promotion Membership, paid monthly, includes all the benefits of Business Membership PLUS regular promotion across our online media channels, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, plus our 'Weekly What’s On newsletter. You choose the frequency of promotion - usually monthly, twice monthly or weekly.
Promotion Membership makes sense for businesses that have a lot to say and advertise, on a regular basis. For example, we help:
- New businesses to reach out further with their messages and to spread word of their offering
- Local places to stay and places to eat to advertise and promote a different aspect of the business each month
- Professional services not themselves on social media to reach out with blog style communication
- Larger businesses with several 'elements' to successfully deliver local messages to the local marketplace
- Local places to visit and seasonal events to promote their events and offers.
Promotion is based on contect supplied by you and can include links to your website or to your Lymington.com Business Web Page or to a particular event in our Events Calendar. We will write a compelling message for each media and work with the images you provide to us (hi resolution), sizing for media requirements. If content needs to be originated or copywritten from other sources, it can be created and published on Lymington.com at an extra charge – see below.
For new Promotion Members there is a set up charge for a Communications Plan. This contributes to the time spent meeting either in person or on the phone to define and document the plan - which details the planned messages, content, images and other elements as relevant. Your Communications Plan provides the initial framework and can of course be subsequently varied and/or updated.
Ad Hoc Promotion
Ad Hoc Promotion is particularly useful for Business Members who do not want the regular commitment of Promotion Membership but occasionally have something special to announce and promote. The promotion will be based on a short news article on the website including one image. This article will normally get picked up by Google Alerts.
The article is then promoted across all our channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, plus our 'Weekly What’s On newsletter). A paid “boost” on Facebook is an optional extra, this is charged at cost.
Promotional Review or Feature Article
A full length review or feature article on Lymington.com provides additional detail and publicity, and can be promoted by members via their own websites and social media as third party endorsement. We take considerable time to research the article usually via a visit/meeting and discussion which if required can include on the spot photography, then to copywrite 800-1,000 words and publish with 3-4 images included in the text.
The article will be published in the relevant category of the Lymington Life magazine section, plus also on the News page and for a period of time will also feature as one of the news article links on our Home page. We use our expertise and trustworthy website to ensure our feature articles and promotional reviews perform well on search engines and are picked up by Google Alerts.
This kind of article can be combined with an Advertorial or Press Release, professionally designed and copywritten by Bartley Marketing, in one or more local offline media. For more detail please enquire.
- Joining fee £150
- Business Membership annual subscription £150
- Promotion Membership (includes web page subscription) monthly £75, twice monthly £125, weekly £225
- Communications Plan (required for Promotion Membership) £150
- Ad Hoc Promotion (short news article from content and image supplied plus Ad Hoc promotion) from £125
- “Announcement” type article from content and image supplied from £50
- Full length Promotional Review or Feature Article from £250
- All above are for Members only
- Non Members: Ad Hoc Event Promotion from £150
- Non Members: Job Vacancy add to Local Jobs page from £25
- All prices plus VAT
Contact us now to get started!
Bartley Marketing Additional Services
New Forest based Bartley Marketing is a marketing consultancy and agency which also provides the full range of marketing services to local business, from consultancy and planning to branding, advertising and PR, websites, online advertising and SEO to direct communications and social media management.
According to your needs Bartley Marketing can:
- Clarify and define your marketing objectives, strategies, messages and branding
- Plan your marketing and communications
- Check your website and social media are working for you - and help put them right
- Design and build your new or replacement website
- Train you to make the most out of social media - or manage it on your behalf
- 'Ghostwrite' your blogs, as well as write copy for editorials, advertorials and articles
- Implement your direct email communications with clients and prospects
- Provide graphic design and photography, including 360 degree Google 'See Inside'
- Produce online and offline advertising and manage your printed promotional and point of sale materials