Make a fun scarecrow in aid of Oakhaven Hospice!

Make a fun scarecrow in aid of Oakhaven Hospice!

 An art and craft activity for children during the summer holidays - with the chance to win prizes!

Scarecrow poster for Oakhaven Hospice competitionThe teams at the Oakhaven Hospice charity shops in Lymington have come up with a fantastic way to keep children busy during the summer holidays! 

With many holiday events and activities not taking place because of the pandemic, this fun competition will provide children of all ages with the opportunity to roll up their sleeves and get creative.

Wheel a Scarecrow Competition

All you need to do is choose your favourite character from a children's book and have lots of fun designing and making your own 'scarecrow' based on that character. Maybe you love the Gruffalo best, or perhaps a character from one of the Harry Potter books. Perhaps you'll choose a classic like Winnie the Pooh, Curious George, Mr Toad, or Thomas the Tank Engine. The choice is yours - be as creative as you like!

Then, pop along to the Oakhaven Hospice Children's Shop (39 St Thomas Street, Lymington) or the Oakhaven Hospice Craft Shop (10 St Thomas Street, Lymington) to complete an entry form, with a £5 entry donation to Oakhaven Hospice.

Also at the shops, you'll find bargain buckets oozing with items to help you with your creations - including fancy dress items, sequins, buttons, ribbon, fabric glue... everything has been kindly donated.

On Saturday 12 September, walk or 'wheel' (in a wheelbarrow!) your scarecrow to be displayed outside Moore Barlow (previously Moore Blatch). 

You might win a great prize!

The scarecrows will be displayed between 9.30am and 4.30pm on the 12 September outside Moore Barlow and during the course of the day the winning scarecrows will be announced. There will be a range of prizes on offer - we hope to bring you more details on this soon!

All scarecrows must be collected by 5.30pm.

A fantastic opportunity to help our local hospice

scarecrow face made with bits and bobs!

This is a great opportunity to help Oakhaven Hospice, whose teams work not just at the Lymington hospice itself, but also deep within the community across the New Forest, Waterside and Totton to provide the highest levels of palliative nursing and care by expertly trained nurses, comforting carers and compassionate counsellors and support staff.

Oakhaven receives just 10% of funding from the government, with the remaining 90% needing to be raised through donations, fundraising activities, the charity shops, legacies and trusts. With most of their main fundraising events for 2020 cancelled or postponed, we need to help our local hospice as much as we can. Every little helps - and in entering this competition, you'll not just keep your child entertained for a few precious hours but also be giving to a very worthwhile local cause.


Your message here