Oakhaven nurses

Have your say! Your chance to help shape Oakhaven’s strategy for the future.

What does Oakhaven mean to you?


Oakhaven Hospice has been a vital part of our local community for over 30 years. The Oakhaven team is currently in the process of shaping the hospice’s strategy for the next 5-10 years and welcomes you to spend a few minutes of your time completing a survey.

Your valued opinions and feedback will help your local hospice to understand the depth of awareness of Oakhaven and the important services its teams provide. Your input will help Oakhaven Hospice to ensure that it is meeting the future care needs of families living in the New Forest, Totton and Waterside communities. 

If you don't already receive our weekly e-newsletter full of useful local information and news told with a personal twist do sign up for it here - and then read on!

 
 

To complete the survey by 30th September, please visit www.oakhavenhospice.co.uk/survey

Demand for Oakhaven’s specialist services grows each year. Last year the hospice cared for 1,400 patients and supported over 3,200 local people who visited the Coates Centre to benefit from wellbeing and bereavement support.

It costs £8 million each year to fund Oakhaven’s services. Yet just 11% of Oakhaven’s funding is covered by the NHS, for the remaining 89% the charity relies on your kind donations, fundraising, gifts in wills and income from the Oakhaven charity shops and social enterprise Oakhaven Care Ltd.

However, like many other hospices in the UK, the current cost-of-living crisis is having a highly detrimental effect on Oakhaven’s ability to generate sufficient income to cover day-to-day running costs. According to Hospice UK's quarterly financial benchmarking survey, the UK hospice sector, which supports 300,000 people annually, is facing a collective estimated deficit of £77 million in the financial year 2023-24.

To find out more about how you could help Oakhaven with a donation, fundraising or a gift in your will, please visit www.oakhavenhospice.co.uk/support-us, or contact the Fundraising Team directly on 01590 677773 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. 

SIGN UP TO OUR 'WHAT'S ON' NEWSLETTER

Your message here