October Half Term in and around Lymington and the New Forest
There are lots of exciting things happening locally over the Autumn half term.
Here is a your guide of things to do with the children in and around Lymington and the New Forest. Take a look also at our Fun Days Out feature if you're looking to venture slightly further afield. For those having to juggle work with school holidays, we have information about Holiday Childcare and Activity Camps.
To see what's on day by day, take a look at our What's On section which details events in and around Lymington. Remember, if you're organising a local event then add your event in the Lymington.com calendar for free! (see How to add your event).
Things to do in and around Lymington
- The Malt Cinema at The Lymington Centre will be showing Goodbye Christopher Robin (PG) on Friday 20th, Saturday 21st and Tuesday 24th October at 7.15pm, with a 2.30pm performance on Wednesday 25th. The Lego Ninjago Movie (U) will be showing on Monday 23rd and Wednesday 25th at 11am, Tuesday 24th and Friday 27th October at 2.30pm.
- Also at The Malt Cinema at 7.15pm on Monday 23rd October a live broadcast from the Royal Opera House of Alice In Wonderland - Christopher Wheeldon’s exuberant ballet, inspired by Lewis Carroll’s much-loved book.
- Why not try a Lymington Town Tour? The Story of Milford at 11am on Sunday 22nd October and Sea, Salt and Smuggling at 11am on Sunday 29th October.
- Lymington Tennis Club has holiday coaching sessions on every day during half term week and the usual Cardio Tennis for kids on Saturdays 10-11am.
- New Forest Adventure Golf will be open throughout the half term week with a Halloween theme!
- Dogs Don't Do Ballet on Tuesday 24th October at 11am and 2.30pm at Forest Arts. A fabulous feel-good show featuring music, songs, hand-crafted puppets and Biff, the ballet-dancing dog! Brought to the stage by acclaimed Blunderbus.
- Also at Forest Arts is Spooky Science at 11.30am and 2pm on Thursday 26th October. Crazy scientist Ian B Dunne promises pumpkins and potions, sparks and spectres and demonstrations of the dark in this seasonal show that mixes science, magic and a little bit of theatre to create s mind-bending and mind-expanding experience for all the family. Be prepared to gasp as he puts the fizz into physics, the mystery into chemistry, the yuck into biology and makes maths count!!
- Try the Woodland animal trail at Red House Museum in Christchurch.
- Fun Time swims at Lymington Health & Leisure. Floats, toys, watering cans, woggles, the pools are packed full of fun. Children under 8yrs must be accompanied in the pool at all times by an adult (18yrs+). Normal pool admission policies apply. Wednesday 11.15am-12.15pm. In additional, every Saturday 11.30am-12.30pm is Inflatable Fun Time swimming for children aged 8+
- Also at Lymington Health & Leisure, mini bounce will be held on Monday 23rd, Wednesday 25th and Friday 27th from 9.30-10.30am for 1-5 year olds.
- Try a family stand up paddleboard (SUP) tour to Hurst Castle with the New Forest Paddle Sport Company - every day during half term.
- Celebrate the magic of autumn at Beaulieu this October Half Term with seasonal activities and traditional fun and games that all the family will enjoy.
Fun in the New Forest
- New Forest Walking Festival continues throughout half term - look online to discover the vast range of guided walks planned, from history hikes to wildlife walks and family adventures.
- Check out Awesome Autumn at Bolderwood. All week from 10.30 - 4pm, trails and crafts about autumn wildlife. Free activity, no need to book. Dogs welcome.
- Try a Family Adventure Day with New Forest Activities. Explore the stunning Beaulieu River nature reserve by boat and the wonderful New Forest National Park by bike.
- New Forest Centre in Lyndhurst has a Museums at Night event on Friday 27th October from 5-8pm.
- Apple Day at the Countryside Education Trust on Thursday 26th October from 11am to 3pm.
- Big Owls Nature Club is on at the Countryside Education Trust for 4-6 year olds on Monday 23rd October 10am-12pm.
- At Lepe Country Park: holiday trail every day, plus: Wild Play Wander on Monday 23rd, Bush Craft on Tuesday 24th, North Solent and Lepe Walk on Tuesday 24th, Lepe in the Dark on Wednesday 25th, Lepe Eggineering Day on Thursday 26th, Lepe Fright Night on Friday 27th October.
- Also at Lepe Country Park: the grand opening of their new Fairy Doors Trail on Sunday 22nd October.
- Goodall's are selling pumpkins again this year - ideal for your Halloween lanterns or a delicious pumpkin pie! Open Saturday 22 to 29 October. The café will be open so stop off for a cup of tea and slice of cake too!
- Creative Camp at Forest Arts on Friday 27th October from midday.
- Patrick's Patch at Fairweather's Beaulieu has Fun Craft Activities sessions on Sunday 29th October at 10am, 11.30am and 1pm.
New Forest Activities’ Haunted Battlefield LIVE is back!As if the games weren't intense enough the two hours are now a fun-fuelled escape from the rabid soldiers of a bad science experiment. Fancy dress welcomed and Halloween treats on arrival. Age 8+ to adult.
- Take a Spooky Halloween River Tour this half term. Dress in your spookiest costume and join a family canoeing trip at dusk along the Beaulieu River to Bucklers Hard and riverside walk back. With spooky tales along the way and Halloween treats on arrival.
- Dress up for the Halloween Disco at Forest Arts on Friday 27th October at 3.30pm.
- Hurst Castle has a Halloween theme this half term, with crafts and spooky storytelling.
Take a look at our guide to firework displays in Lymington and the New Forest.
Do you know of any other interesting events or activities happening in and around Lymington this half term? Contact us so that we can add to our list!