Things to do over Easter in and around Lymington...
Your guide to what’s on in Lymington, the New Forest and surrounding areas during the Easter holidays.
Updated April 2018
There are lots of exciting things happening in Lymington, New Milton, the New Forest and surrounding areas over the Easter weekend and throughout the Easter holidays! Here is a your lymington.com guide of things to do with the children.
Take a look also at our Fun Days Out feature if you're looking to venture slightly further afield and also our Places to Visit section. For those having to juggle work with school holidays, take a look at Holiday Childcare and Activity Camps.
To see what's on day by day, take a look at our What's On section which details events in and around Lymington. Remember, if you're organising a local event then add your event in the Lymington.com calendar for free!
Remember to mention Lymington.com when you're out and about this Easter!
Get creative in Lymington and the New Forest!
- Priestlands School Easter Activities include The Guitar Experience on Wednesday 4th April, Animal Madness on Thursday 5th April and a Spring Art Activities Workshop on Friday 6th April.
- Graham Turner is holding a Pyrography Workshop on Tuesday 3rd April at Keyhaven Scout Hut, part of the Keyhaven Artists' Exhibition
- Follow the Easter Eggstravaganza trail around St Barbe Museum & Art Gallery from 3rd to 15th April, with Spring is in the Air craft sessions on 5th April and An Alternative Easter Activity on 11th April.
- New Forest Centre are holding a Children's Easter Craft Workshop on Saturday 31st March. There's also a free museum trail throughout the holidays.
- New Forest Centre is holding Family Discovery Days on 3rd, 5th, 10th and 12th April from 10am-4pm. New Forest themed trails, quizzes and craft activities for all the family. Suitable for all ages, donation for materials. Standard Museum entry (accompanied under 16s go free), no booking required.
- Spring is in the Air at St Barbe Museum. Flourishing family crafts on Thursday 5th April.
- Paddington 2 creative camp at Forest Arts on Thursday 12th April. An afternoon of arts and crafts inspired by the polite, kind hearted and much loved bear who has a knack of getting into trouble in the year of his 60th birthday! Age 4 - 11 (children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult)
- Little Flyers Preschool have an Easter Picture Hunt around Sway Village between 29th March and 13th April.
Films & Performances
- At the Malt Cinema in Lymington, Coco (PG) is showing on 31st March, 3rd, 4th, 5th April and Peter Rabbit (PG) is showing on 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th April.
- Older children studying Shakespeare may enjoy the live showing of Macbeth on Wednesday 4th April and 11th April.
- Forest Fables and Seaside Stories will delight little ones at Forest Arts on Sunday 8th April.
- Paddington 2 is showing at Forest Arts on Wednesday 11th April, 11am and 2pm showings.
- Visit Beaulieu, home of the National Motor Museum, Palace House,
- At Buckler's Hard, join costumed characters on daily tours to discover what life was like in the 18th century and listen as they share tales from this once-thriving village where ships for Nelson’s Navy were built. Plus why not catch the river cruise for a tranquil trip down the Beaulieu River?
- Hunt for Easter Eggs by canoe along the beautiful Beaulieu River with New Forest Activities. Booking essential, various dates.
- Paddle to Hurst Castle with the New Forest Paddle Sport Company. The tour starts from Keyhaven and involves approximately two hours Stand Up Paddle Boarding or Kayaking through the beautiful salt marshes to Hurst Castle. You don't need any previous paddling experence as all tuition is given on the day. Booking essential.
- Lots of fun to be had on Sunday 15th April at the Sea Water Baths with the Quacky Races in aid of Oakhaven Hospice!
- Be a nature detective at Beaulieu. Throughout the school holidays, go on a nature hunt for natural treasure in the Beaulieu grounds, collect all the clues and complete the trail to pick up your nature detective bug prize. Look out for amazing tree carvings as you go, can you find the tree-top griffin, the magnificent green man or the many-headed serpent? If you tiptoe quietly down the Mill Pond Walk you might be able to spot the homes of the woodland fairies. Don't forget to look out for Mr Nature Detective as he drives around the grounds in his Jeep.
- At Priestlands on Wednesday 4th April: Spring in the Forest with the New Forest National Park's Education Officer.
- The New Forest Reptile Centre reopens on Good Friday 30th March for the summer season 10am - 4.30pm daily. Discover more about British reptiles and New Forest Reptile Centreamphibians and how they are being conserved in the New Forest. Specially created display enclosures allow you to study these animals in close-up. The only collection of all the native lizards, snakes, frogs and toads, including Britain's only venomous snake - the adder - and rarest lizard - the sand lizard. On 'Wild Wednesday 4th and 11th April there will be a quiz trail and making activities.
- Experience the seasons of the forest, on a discovery trail at Bolderwood. This 1 mile self-guided trail will take you through the woods and activities and challenges for all the family. Throughout the holidays.
- Learn about Bush Craft at the Countryside Education Trust on Tuesday 3rd April. Spend a day in the woods with your family getting back to basics and appreciating nature in beautiful surroundings.
Lepe Country Park has an Holiday Trail throughout the school holidays. Pick up a trail card from the park office and return with the correct answers to claim your prize. There are also Bush Craft days on 3rd April, Early Morning Bird Walk on 5th April and Nature Detectives on 5th April,
- Learn all about New Forest ponies at Wild about Ponies on Thursday 12th April 1-2pm at Bolton's Bench.
- Try the Easter Trail at Furzey Gardens in Minstead, explore the secrets of the gardens and receive an Easter treat if you complete it successfully.
Sports and activities in and around Lymington
- Ballard School Easter Sports Camp is running from Monday 9th to Friday 13th April. A whole host of sports including netball, cricket, hockey, tennis, swimming, girls' rugby and multi-sports. Full and half day slots available. Children from year 3 to 11 (age 7 to 16)
- Ballard School Easter Gymnastics Camp is running from Monday 9th to Friday 13th April. 9am to midday. Age Kindergarten to year 6 (11 years).
- Have a go at kayaking or stand up paddleboarding - one hour taster sessions available throughout the holidays with the New Forest Paddle Sport Company.
- Lymington Tennis Club are holding tennis and fun sports camps every day from Monday 10th to Thursday 13th April and Tuesday 18th to Friday 21st April. 8.45am-4pm.
- New Forest Hockey Club are running a hockey camp days on Wednesday 4th, Thursday 5th and Friday 6th April on the astroturf at Lymington Health & Leisure. 9am-3.30pm for ages 7-15.
- Saturday 31st March and 7th April try the park run at Woodside Gardens.
- Ballard Easter Camps include Creative Nature Quest days Monday 9th April to Friday 13th April (9am-4pm daily) for children aged Kindergarten to year 6 (11 years).
- New Forest Activities are holding a Holiday Adventure Day in Hartford Woods on Thursday 5th April.
- Calshot have a range of Activity Days for the holidays - choose from skiing, snowboarding, track cycling, canoeing, archery, climbing, skiing and windsurfing - and much more!
- Hengistbury Outdoor Centre have a range of multi-activity days and watersports courses available.
- Avon Tyrrell have fun days and half-days for children aged 5+.
Do you know of any other interesting events or activities happening in and around Lymington and the New Forest during the school holidays? Suggest that they add their events to the Lymington.com Events Calendar! Contact us if you are the organiser and would like to be included in this article - here's how to add your event to the Lymington.com events calendar.
If you'd like to find an event for a specific day take a look at our events calendar.
Every week the team at Lymington.com sends out a 'What's on' email to subscribers. Sign up for free today and keep up to speed on everything happening in and around Lymington and the New Forest area!
Plus remember to like us on Facebook (Lymington Hampshire), Instagram (@lymingtondotcom) and Twitter (@lymingtondotcom)!